Every metal medal is made and carved with care. Since the effect of customizing metal medals directly affects the quality of sales, the production of metal medals is the key. So, how are metal medals made? Let’s chat with you today and learn some little knowledge! The production of metal medals mainly relies on the extensive use of mechanical forming processes, which is closely related to the characteristics of its materials. , Metal medals are usually made of stainless steel, which has a high melting point and is difficult to cast. However, the hardness of stainless steel for metal medals is low and has certain plastic processing properties. By using appropriate machining process parameters and processing equipment, high quality can be obtained metal medal.
The metal medal production process uses a lathe to directly process stainless steel metal profiles into medals, which are the most common among ring and bracelet medals, accounting for a large proportion. They are stainless steel rings and gold alloy rings turned using a lathe. Due to the material characteristics of stainless steel and titanium alloy, there are certain difficulties in turning. It is necessary to select and formulate corresponding processing parameters according to the characteristics of the material to ensure the processing accuracy and surface quality of the medal.
If you encounter difficulties in stainless steel cutting and don’t know what to do, after reading these analysis of the causes of difficulties in stainless steel cutting, I believe you will be able to find a solution.
1. The thermal conductivity is low and the cutting heat cannot be dissipated in time. The heat transferred to the tool can reach 20%, and the cutting edge of the tool is prone to overheating and losing its cutting ability.
2. The chips have strong adhesion and are prone to knife tumors. Stainless steel has high adhesion, which will cause the material to “stick” to the tool during turning, causing “knife tumors”.
3. The chips are not easy to break. In the process of metal cutting, the formation process of plastic material (ductile material) chips goes through four stages: extrusion, sliding, extrusion cracking and shearing.
4. Strong work hardening tendency, making the tool easy to wear. Stainless steel has a strong tendency to be processed, the hardness of the work-hardened layer is high, and it has a certain depth of work-hardening, which increases the difficulty of processing and tool wear.
Therefore, the production of metal medals must not only emphasize quality, but now people pay more attention to the connotation of the medals and the meaning of such production. Medals are inherently special products with their own special meaning. Therefore, the meaning of medal production must be positive and can inspire people to work hard and make progress. Medals are inherently a reward and an incentive for successful people.
FAQs about Metal Medal
1. What is a metal medal?
Metal medals are prestigious awards made from various metals such as gold, silver, bronze or other alloys. They are typically awarded to individuals or teams in recognition of their achievements in athletics, academics, or other areas.
2. How are metal medals made?
Metal medals are usually made through a die-casting process. A mold is created based on the desired design and molten metal is poured into the mold. Once the metal has cooled and solidified, it is removed from the mold and polished to give it a shiny surface.
3. Can metal medals be customized?
Yes, metal medals can be customized to include specific designs, logos or text. This allows organizations or event organizers to create unique medals that reflect their brand or the purpose of the award. Customization options may vary depending on the manufacturer or supplier.
4. Are metal medals durable?
Metal medals are known for their durability. They are designed to withstand wear and tear and are suitable for long-term display or use. However, durability levels may vary depending on the quality of materials used and manufacturing processes.
5. How to maintain metal medals?
To keep metal medals in good condition, it is recommended to store them in a dry and clean environment. Avoid exposing them to extremes of temperature or humidity as this may cause damage. Clean medals regularly with a soft cloth to remove dirt or fingerprints, and avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that may scratch the surface.
Post time: Jan-24-2024